Teen events are:
- limited to youth in grades 6-12
- free and include free snacks
- at the Main Library in Columbus
Teen Summer Reading starts June 10!
- Sign up at the library to get a goody bag.
- Earn prizes for reading throughout the summer!
- We will also have grand prize drawings for ziplining tickets and a Kindle Fire.
- Thank you to the generous organizations who helped make 2015 Summer Reading possible: Friends of the Polk County Public Library, Polk County Community Foundation, Womens Club of Saluda, New View Realty, Green River Adventures, The Gorge Zipline, Feagan Law Firm, Autumn Care, Green River BBQ, Chimney Rock State Park, PRO Physical Therapy, St. Luke’s Hospital, and Wildflour Bakery!
Cartooning Workshop, 2-3pm
Learn how to draw cartoons with local author/illustrator Steve Barr! Check out his books at the library and learn more here.
Nintendo Wii U Gaming, 3-5pm
Play all the best Nintendo Wii U games on the big screen!
Nintendo Wii U Mario Kart Tournament, 2-4pm
Who will be crowned the reigning Mario Kart champion? It could be YOU who wins the trophy!
Book Club, 4-5pm
Come and discuss your favorite graphic novels! Pick up a list of suggested reads at the library before the meeting.
SuperWhoLock Party, 1-5pm
Triumph at trivia and geek out to an episode of each show. Dress as your favorite Supernatural, Doctor Who, or Sherlock character for a chance to win a prize!
Comic Book Art & Nintendo Wii U Gaming, 2-5pm
Make awesome art from recycled comic books and play all the best Nintendo Wii U games on the big screen!
Creative Writing Workshop, 2-3pm
Friend or foe? Superhero or villain? Get your creative juices flowing as you write your own superhero story!
Nintendo Wii U Super Smash Brothers Tournament, 3-5pm
Who is the ultimate Super Smash Brothers champion? It could be YOU! A trophy will be awarded to the winner.
Superhero Movie Marathon & T-Shirt Decorating, 12-5pm
Watch Guardians of the Galaxy and The Avengers and create superhero t-shirts! Bring a white cotton t-shirt to decorate. Feast on “hero” sandwiches and popcorn.
Nintendo Wii U Just Dance Tournament, 2-4pm
Bring your best dancing skills to the library and YOU could win the Just Dance champion trophy!
Book Club, 4-5pm
Come and discuss your favorite superhero books! Pick up a list of suggested reads at the library before the meeting.
Masquerade Madness: National Teen Lock-In, 7-11pm
Back by popular demand! Bring your friends and take over the library after hours. We’ll have a photo scavenger hunt, Minute to Win It contests, a virtual author chat, and lots of food and fun. Stay tuned for more exciting details. *Please register in advance for the lock-in by contacting Jen Pace, Youth Services Librarian, at email@example.com or 828-894-8721 x227.*
Teen Book Club
Teen Book Club is on the 4th Monday of every month at 4pm. On July 27, we will discuss superhero books. Here is our list of suggested reads:
- The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan
- Daredevil Vol. 1 by Mark Waid
- Batman: The Killing Joke by Alan Moore
- The Angel Experiment by James Patterson
- Evil Genius by Catherine Jinks
- Hero by Perry Moore
If you have questions or wish to receive our monthly newsletter, contact Jen Pace, Youth Services Librarian, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (828) 894-8721 x227.